The following article can be read in the most recent Spring Camp Dudley News
Built in 1816 on Camp Dudley Road with limestone from a nearby quarry, the School House served schoolchildren of Westport for 100 years, closing its doors in 1916. At its prime, the school had 24 students and a library of 84 books. The School House has a commanding view of the Lake, the Champlain Bridge and the Adirondack Mountains. It has been a special place for generations of Dudleyites.